Simple guide to what you can expect from your first and what your should do before your appointment appointment
What to expect
First visit - Intake going over health history, symptoms and treatment: approx. 45 mins-1 hr
Follow up visits - review of symptoms and treatment: 30-45 mins
What should I do before my first appointment?
To have the best first appointment experience follow these steps
1. It’s important to eat before your appointment
- No one wants to go to an appointment hungry/lightheaded/dizzy.
2. Wear loose-fitting clothing
- Your acupuncturist may have you change into a robe, or they may be able to access the necessary points by rolling up your pant legs or sleeves. Make it easy on them by wearing loose-fitting clothing.
3. Limit the amount of coffee before your appointment least 12 hours before your appointment.
- Often drinking too much coffee and obstructs the bodies’ way to properly achieve Qi.